Capabilities by Region
Greenhill is active in all major markets with meaningful corporate advisory activity, including North and South America, Europe, Japan and Australia.
General Mills, Inc.
(Pillsbury Desserts & Baking Mixes Portfolio)
Advised Diageo on divestiture of Pillsbury’s Desserts & Baking Mix business to gain FTC approval for the sale of Pillsbury to General Mills.
Advised RBX Corp., a leading manufacturer of rubber products in the U.S., in connection with its Chapter 11 proceedings and financial restructuring
Ralston Purina Co.
Advised Nestlé on the agreed cash offer for the US pet-food company Ralston Purina
Advised Diageo on its joint agreed bid with Pernod Ricard for Seagram’s spirits business.
AerFi Group plc
Advised AerFi on its sale to debis AirFinance .
Radisson Group, Inc.
(subsidiary of Carlson Companies, Inc.)
Advised Carlson Companies, Inc., the owner of the Radisson Hotels brand, on the formation of a $750 million Radisson Hotel acquisition fund, Radisson-Olympus Capital Partners.
Advised Diageo on the sale of The Pillsbury Company for $5.1 billion in assumed debt and $5.4 billion in stock to General Mills.
Dorling Kindersley plc
Advised Dorling Kindersley, a leading and innovative book publisher, on the sale of the company to Pearson in an all cash transaction.
Hong Kong Telecom
, 54% subsidiary of Cable and Wireless plc
Advised C&W on the sale of Hong Kong Telecom (54% owned subsidiary of C&W) to PCCW in non-Japan Asia’s largest ever transaction.
Shorewood Packaging Corporation
Advised Shorewood on its successful hostile takeover defense from Chesapeake Corp., achieving a $21.00 friendly cash offer from an original $17.25 hostile bid.
Seguros Comercial América
, S.A. de C.V. (stake owned by Savia S.A. de C.V.)
Advised Savia on the sale of a minority stake in Seguros Comercial América, the largest Mexican insurance company, to ING Groep.
Retained by the U.S. Justice Department to advise it on the financial implications of the full range of potential remedies in the Microsoft antitrust case (U.S. v. Microsoft).
Indigo Aviation AB
Advised AerFi Group on its acquisition of Indigo Aviation. The transaction involved a negotiated purchase of 72% of Indigo for shares of AerFi followed by a cash tender offer for the remaining 28% of the outstanding Indigo shares.
Advised AMFM on the sale of the company to Clear Channel Communications to form the largest U.S. radio company
(joint venture between Cable and Wireless plc and Media One)
Strategic advice to C&W in connection with the sale of One2One, a UK mobile phone operator, 50% owned by C&W and 50% owned by Media One
Mirror Group PLC
Advised Trinity on its merger with Mirror Group to form Trinity Mirror, the UK’s largest newspaper publisher
Cable & Wireless Communications plc
, 53% subsidiary of Cable and Wireless plc Advised C&W on the reorganisation of Cable & Wireless Communications, including the sale of CWC’s consumer businesses to NTL and the acquisition of the public minority interest in CWC’s business telephony, data and IP operations
Alta Vista Company
(Compaq Computer Corp.) Advised Compaq Computer Corporation on the sale of an 83% stake in the Alta Vista Company for a combination of CMGI common equity, preferred stock and a note
TriNet Corporate Realty Trust, Inc.
Advised TriNet on a stock for stock merger with Starwood Financial, creating a leading player in the specialty real estate finance area
Chancellor Media Corp
(Outdoor Advertising Division) Advised Chancellor Media on the sale of its outdoor advertising unit for a combination of stock and cash
Advised Kelda Group (formerly Yorkshire Water) on the all-cash purchase of Aquarion Company, a US water utility group.
Berkshire Realty Company, Inc.
Advised investor group led by Berkshire Realty Chairman, Goldman Sachs and The Blackstone Group on the buyout of Berkshire Realty, a multi-family REIT that owns 82 apartment communities located in Florida, Texas and the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern U.S.
M&G Group plc
Advised M&G Group on the sale of the company for cash to Prudential, the United Kingdom’s largest life insurer and fund manager.
, MCI’s Internet Business
Advised C&W on the financing of its iMCI acquisition via the largest equity primary placement to date in the London market
LIN Television Corporation
Advised LIN on its sale to Chancellor Media