Mergers & Acquisitions
Greenhill's M&A practice includes some of the most experienced professionals in the industry. Drawing on that experience, we are active across the full range of M&A advisory roles:
Leveraging our independence and lack of conflicts, we have a strong track record in sell side advisory roles. Acting for target companies, special board committees or selling shareholders, we can operate at the heart of any process, assist in negotiations and give impartial and objective advice about the merits of bids received.
We have a strong record of successful buy side advisory assignments in relation to public or private target companies and are able to advise interested buyers on attractive targets through our global network of relationships.
Greenhill is well qualified to assist clients on merger transactions given the long experience of its partners and professionals, an assurance of total discretion and a lack of conflicting interests. Greenhill has a number of sizeable mergers in its list of completed transactions both in the US and internationally.
Various advisory work that we undertake does not fit a conventional ‘transaction’ definition. Examples include our work advising the Australian National Rugby League Commission on the sale of television broadcast rights and work for the global partnership of Arthur Andersen in the immediate aftermath of the cases that followed the collapse of Enron. We believe that Greenhill’s independence, experience, expertise and discretion positions us well for special advisory assignments.
Greenhill’s network of international offices and our ‘single Firm’ operating model allow us to offer clients a seamless cross-border advisory service with a truly global perspective.
Central nervous system (CNS) portfolio from Sanofi
Advising Pharmanovia, a UK based global lifecycle management healthcare company, on the acquisition of a global central nervous system portfolio from Sanofi, the France based innovative global healthcare company.
Liontown Resources Limited
Advising Australian-based lithium company Liontown Resources Limited on its response to change of control proposals from Albemarle Corporation.
Clinigen Ltd’s portfolio of Established Medicines
Advised Clinigen Ltd, a UK-based global pharmaceutical services company and portfolio company of Triton Partners, on the sale of a portfolio of Established Medicines to CNX Therapeutics, a UK-based European pharma company owned by Inflexion Partners
Advising the shareholders of Grupo Farmalider, a B2B Spanish pharmaceutical company focused on contract manufacturing, innovation and development of products based on generics, on the sale of an undisclosed stake to local private equity MCH
Synfonium / Qwant / Shadow
Advised Banque des Territoires / Groupe Caisse des Dépôts (CDC), a French Public Institution, on the investment in the newly created platform Synfonium, incorporating Shadow, a cloud-based platform, and Qwant, a sovereign search engine. CDC will hold a 25% stake in Synfonium, while Octave Klaba and Miroslaw Klaba, the co-founders of OVHcloud, will hold the remaining 75%